In 2014 the Edward R. Murrow College of Communication launched the Online MA in Strategic Communication program. A few years later they introduced the Online MA in Health Communication and Promotion degree pathway. With just 16 students enrolled in the first semester, beginning with the first graduating class in the fall of 2014 through the summer of 2022, we now have more than 345 alumni representing 11 countries, 35 states and 180 cities across the U.S.
Alumni work across various industries including science and technology communication, digital media, health communication, education outreach, government and political communications, corporate, retail, nonprofit, media and entertainment, and employee relations.
Quick Facts & Stats:
- Alumni undergraduate degrees span across more than 80 disciplines including communications, business, education, English, journalism, sociology, community health, information technology, marketing, and web design and development
- 65% of graduates are female, 35% male
- The average age of alumni is 35
- 70% alumni have changed jobs or have been promoted to senior positions since graduating from the program
- 35% of alumni work for national brands including Microsoft, Mail Chimp, Amazon, Amazon Web Services, Boys & Girls Club of America, Sandals Resort, Weststar Media Entertainment, Russ Reid, Weyerhauser, Pacific Northwest National Labs, Chase, T-Mobile, Motorola, Razorfish, Funko, and Heineken. Many have also become entrepreneurs and adjunct professors.
- More than 15% of alumni are active or retired military
- As of summer 2022, there are 11 graduates of the online MA Health Communication and Promotion program