Murrow Online Programs
Online degree and certificate programs offered in The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication at Washington State University are flexible, affordable, highly competitive programs designed for those who want to excel in advertising, public relations, corporate communication, health communication, and communication management.
ADVANCE YOUR CREDENTIALS
Murrow College’s online programs are designed for those who want to excel in advertising, public relations, corporate communication, and communication management. Started in 2014, the program now has hundreds of alumni from over 80 different disciplines. Whether you have no training or are a seasoned professional, our programs will advance and energize your career.
- Email: email@example.com
- Call: (509) 335-7333 with questions or to make an appointment
- Visit: Goertzen Hall Room 117
BA INTEGRATED STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION
120 credit hours (30 must be from WSU)
Murrow College’s online bachelor of arts in Integrated Strategic Communication provides a broad-based curriculum that focuses on both digital and traditional media.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE – STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION
12 credits (4 courses)
Coursework address advanced media tools, best practices in market research techniques, integrated communication strategy and the design, implementation, and measurement of promotional campaigns across paid, earned, shared, and owned channels.
GRADUATE CERTIFICATE – HEALTH COMMUNICATION & PROMOTION
12 credits (4 courses)
Coursework addresses best practices in market research techniques, multimedia content creation, crisis communication, professional ethics, and research methods.
MA Strategic Communication
30 credits (10 courses)
This is a highly competitive program designed for those who want to excel in advertising, public relations, corporate communication, and communication management. Students learn how to use advanced media tools, create data-based communication plans, and design and deliver integrated promotional campaigns across earned, owned and paid channels. The degree is tailor-made for communications specialists and other business professionals wishing to enhance their communications capacities.
MA Health Communication & Promotion
30 credits (10 courses)
This program is designed for those who work in communication fields and health sciences and are seeking to refresh and update their skills or specialize in health communication and promotion. The program is also tailored for individuals who want to enter the profession of health communication and promotion or enhance their credentials to meet Murrow College standards for ethics, integrity, and leadership within the field of health communication.
Building a community of professional communicators worldwide.
Murrow Online students learn how to use advanced media tools, create data-based communication plans, and design and deliver integrated promotional campaigns across earned, owned and paid channels. The programs are tailor-made for emerging professionals, communications specialists, and other business professionals wishing to enhance their communications capacities.
Murrow Online Programs provide a comprehensive set of undergraduate and graduate courses designed for young professionals and adult learners who seek to become effective and ethical communicators. Courses are rooted in the foundation of research methods in partnership with courses teaching students best practices and industry standards in contemporary communication strategies and tactics.
- Washington State University is regionally accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.
- All programs are 100% online
- Students pay in-state tuition rates
- Financial aid is available as are veteran’s benefits. Students must take at least six credits to qualify for financial aid.
- All programs are administered through Murrow College. All courses are designed and delivered by Murrow College faculty housed on the Pullman campus or campuses in Everett and Vancouver. More than 10 full-time faculty teach in the programs.
- Student engagement is built into each course and with it, students benefit greatly from knowledge share and mutual exchange. Faculty and students engage regularly throughout the duration of a course via email, discussion forums, phone, or video conference.
The degree is administered through Murrow College. We do not outsource teaching, advising, or administration of the program. All courses are designed and delivered by Murrow College faculty housed on the Pullman campus or our branch campuses.
- More than 16 full-time faculty teach in the program
- Approximately 50% of faculty are published PhD scholars with expertise in ethics, persuasion, research methods, health communication, advertising, and media literacy
- The other 50% of faculty are professors of practice with more than 15 years applied experience in integrated communication, digital marketing, public relations, crisis communication, and market research.
- This combined instruction model ensures that students are exposed to contemporary best practices, trends, and technologies in the industry, as well as equipped with a strong foundation of knowledge in communication principles.
Faculty in the college have leading scholar rankings for research in Advertising, Ethics, Persuasion, Media Literacy, and Public Relations. All of our faculty are connected to Murrow College and the region – serving as full time research and clinical faculty and instructors teaching classes both on site and online to undergraduate and graduate students. A small subset of our online faculty are regional alumni and area communication professionals who were hand-selected to support curriculum and teaching excellence.
Student engagement is built into each course and with it, students benefit greatly from knowledge share and mutual exchange. Faculty and students engage regularly throughout the duration of a course via email, discussion forums, phone, or video conference.
LEARN MORE ABOUT MURROW FACULTY
Washington State University National Rankings
- U.S. News & World Report: Ranked #19 out of 361 in “Best Online Bachelor’s programs” and Ranked #14 in “Best Online Bachelor’s programs for Veterans”
- Princeton Review: Listed on “The Best 388 Colleges.” WSU page (list is in alpha order vs. ranking); Listed in the “2023 Best Colleges: Region by Region” for the West (out of 126); and Listed on their “Best Value Colleges” list for 2022 (out of 209)
- Forbe’s Magazine America’s Top Colleges: WSU listed on their “Top 43 LGBTQ-Friendly Colleges” List (receiving 5/5 stars on the Campus Pride Index) and WSU listed on their “Colleges with Trans-Friendly Environments” List
- Washington Monthly’s College Guide: WSU ranked #46 out of 442 on their “2022 National University Rankings” list and WSU ranked #41 out of 214 on their “2022 Best Bang for the Buck Rankings: West” list
WSU Global Campus Rankings
- Best Colleges ranked WSU #3 in their “Top 10 Online Colleges in Washington”list (2022)
- College Factual ranked WSU #91 out of 123 in their “Best Communication and Media Studies Schools” list (2023)
- Nonprofit Colleges Online ranked WSU #15 on their “50 Best Online Bachelor Degree Programs at Nonprofit Colleges” list (2022)
- Nonprofit Colleges Online ranked WSU #45 out 50 on their list for “The Best Online Public University Programs” (2022)
- Nonprofit Colleges Online ranked WSU #24 on their “Top 50 Best Nonprofit Colleges and Universities for Online Master’s Degrees” (2021)
- Nonprofit Colleges Online ranked WSU #9 on their “Top 10 Nonprofit Online Colleges in WA State” (2022)
- Online Schools Center ranked WSU #12 on their “30 Most Technologically Savvy Online Schools” (2021)
- Online Schools Center ranked WSU on their “Top 5 Online Schools in Washington: Top Online Colleges and Best Value Schools (ROI) in WA” list (2022)
- The Best Schools ranked WSU #1 on their “Top Online Colleges in Washington”list (2020)
- Online U listed WSU #20 out of 24 on their “Best Online Master’s Programs: Online Master’s Degrees with the Highest ROI” list (2021)
- Top Universities ranked WSU #443 out of 1,500 on their “QS World University Rankings 2023: Top Global Universities” based on 8 key ranking indicators
Murrow Online Programs Rankings
- College Factual listed WSU #8 out of 10 on their “Best Online Communication and Media Studies Schools” list (2021)
- College Choice ranked WSU #15 on their “50 Best Online Communication Degrees” list (2021)
- OnlineBachelorDegrees.com listed WSU on their “Top 30 Best Online Schools for PR” (2022)
- My Degree Guide listed WSU on their “50 Best Online Communication Degree Programs” list (2022)
- Intelligent ranked WSU #2 out of 69 on their “Best Online Communications Degree Programs” list (2022)
- Online Schools Center lists Murrow Online programs on their “Washington Schools Offering Online Degrees” list (2022)
- Top Management Degrees listed Murrow Online #22 on their “Top 50 Online Master’s in Marketing Management Degree Programs” list (2022)