- Once your internship and credit (495) have been approved and you are enrolled, the credits can not be altered to increase or reduce the credit amount. Make sure to meet with your internship site supervisor about the hours before you apply and are enrolled in Com or Comstrat 495.
Please acknowledge below that you have read and agree with this policy.
Once approved, hours spent at an internship must fit into the semester and the number of weeks remaining in the term after approval. You cannot earn credit for hours already worked.
Consult with your agency supervisor and Murrow Student Services Staff to identify your site and academic responsibilities. The proposal is typically one or two pages and must address the following components of your internship. It should be typed in essay format.
The proposal has four components:
- Name of the agency and geographic location, (city, state, and zip code)
- A description of the agency and the department in which you will work.
- Specific Tasks: Please provide as much detail as possible when discussing your responsibilities and/or special projects. What individual activities will you engage in?
- Preparation: List all relevant courses, completed or in-process, and/or extracurricular/work experience that has prepared you for this internship. Identify the learning
you expect will take place in your internship, discuss skills you will develop, theories you will apply, and/or knowledge you hope to gain.
UPLOAD YOUR PROPOSAL BELOW.
UNDERGRADUATE ACADEMIC INTERNSHIP APPLICATION
SPONSORING ORGANIZATION INFORMATION
Fall (Year), Spring (Year) or Summer (Year)
MM slash DD slash YYYY
MM slash DD slash YYYY
Maximum of 6 credits per semester (53.3 hours = 1 semester credit)
Your agreement here indicates that you have read and will abide by the internship policies, understand that the grading system is credit/no credit, and have read the
following statement and agree to the terms stated.
“WSU does not knowingly approve internship opportunities which pose undue risks to their participants. However, any internship or travel carries with it potential hazards which are beyond the control of the University and its agents or employers.”
I grant Murrow Student Services permission to share contact information concerning my internship site with fellow students and members of the WSU community.
Important correspondence regarding your internship will be sent to you via your WSU e-mail account. Please be sure to check it regularly.
- Please attach and email from your site supervisor agreeing to sponsor you in this internship and will abide by the US Internship guidelines which can be found at
Please attach and email from your site supervisor agreeing to sponsoring you in this internship and will abide by the US Internship guidelines which can be found at the US Department of Labor: http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/whdfs71.htm#.UH21w4ZuIT4.
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.