Welcome to the Murrow Center for Student Success Virtual Lobby!
This space serves as your academic concierge. Use it to find campus resources, get academic and career advice, schedule an appointment with a Murrow Advisor and more! Take a look around. This is where you will find all kinds of relevant resources and contact information. Scroll around. Find important links and take advantage of the drop-in on campus and Zoom sessions.
Students Can Schedule Advising Appointments via Bookings.
- Click here for Instructions on how to schedule an advising appointment with your assigned Murrow College Advisor.
- If you do not have an assigned Murrow College Academic Advisor (e.g., changing area of study from another department), please call (509)335-7333 to make an appointment or join us during our drop-in hours (see hours and link below)
For minor advising, please use the drop-in hours below.
Career Advising is available in-person and virtually this fall. Please call (509) 335-7333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment. In-person Drop-In hours: Tuesdays 4pm-6pm in Goertzen Hall Room 124
Murrow Center for Student Services: ACADeMIC Advising Virtual & On Campus Drop-In Hours
|Monday, August 22 thru Friday, August 26||9:00 AM - Noon & 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM||https://wsu.zoom.us/j/93852958417?pwd=QnhxZGR6K05pdjZQNlp3MDF2TlZkdz09 |
Meeting ID: 938 5295 8417
|Advising||Virtual or Goertzen Hall 117||Questions regarding fall 2022 schedule and enrollment.|
|Monday, August 29 thru|
Friday, December 16
|Monday & Tuesday: 3:00 - 4:00 PM|
Wednesday & Thursday: 8:30 - 9:30 AM
Meeting ID: 938 5295 8417
|Advising||Virtual or Goertzen Hall 117||Quick questions regarding fall 2022 courses, spring 2023 prep and minor advising.|
|Tuesdays August 30 thru December 6||Tuesday, 5:00 - 6:00 PM||NA||NA||Goertzen Hall 117||Quick questions regarding fall 2022 courses, spring 2023 prep and minor advising.|
important student links
WSU Email: email.wsu.edu
Check email, utilize Outlook calendar, etc.
Review advising/academic information and announcements
My WSU: my.wsu.edu
Official record of enrollment. Register for classes, review official grades, check on tasks/holds, etc.
How to schedule an academic advising appointment
Purpose: 30-minute designated one-on-one time to discuss things like semester registration, AIC meetings, identify resources, etc. with your Murrow Academic Advisor.
Prepare: Here are a few tips to help prepare for your advising appointment:
- Check your WSU email daily for any messages. Faculty and Academic Advisors will communicate with you through your WSU email.
- Make sure you are available for the appointment time you scheduled. If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please notify your advisor ahead of time by email or call 509-335-7333 24 hours or more before your scheduled time.
- If meeting virtually, make sure you can attend the meeting in a focused environment.
- Be prepared to take notes during your appointment.
- Keep in mind those around you for this FERPA protected conversation.
- As your appointment draws near, take a moment to review your academic requirement report located in MyWSU along with the Schedule of Classes (www.schedules.wsu.edu). Your advisor will be referencing these resources during your appointment.