Welcome to the Murrow Center for Student Success Virtual Lobby!
This space serves as your academic concierge. Use it to find campus resources, get academic and career advice, schedule an appointment with a Murrow Advisor and more! Take a look around. This is where you will find all kinds of relevant resources and contact information. Scroll around. Find important links and take advantage of the drop-in Zoom sessions.
Students Can Schedule Advising Appointments via Bookings.
- Select your Murrow Advisor’s Bookings link below to make an appointment (if you need to meet with a different Murrow Academic Advisor, or are not assigned to a Murrow Advisor (e.g., changing area of study from another department), please call (509)335-7333 for to make an appointment):
For minor advising, please use the drop-in hours below.
Fall 2021 Advising appointments will be available by Zoom. In-person advising is available by request. All Drop-In Advising hours will be held virtually.
Career advising is available virtually this summer. Please contact our office (509) 335-7333 to schedule an appointment.
Are you a prospective student interested in learning more about our bachelors, masters or doctorate programs?
Fall 2021 Virtual Drop-In Hours
|Dates & Times||Zoom-in Link||Passcode||Purpose|
|Monday thru Friday|
August 30 – December 17, 2021
8:30 AM – 9:30 AM (PT)
Phone: 1 (253) 215-8782
Meeting ID: 936 6535 8772
|Advising||Quick questions and Murrow minor advising|
important student links
WSU Email: email.wsu.edu
Check email, utilize Outlook calendar, etc.
Review advising/academic information and announcements
My WSU: my.wsu.edu
Official record of enrollment. Register for classes, review official grades, check on tasks/holds, etc.
How to schedule an academic advising appointment
Purpose: 30-minute designated one-on-one time to discuss things like semester registration, resources, etc. with your Murrow Academic Advisor.
Prepare: Here are a few tips to help prepare for your advising appointment:
- Check your WSU email daily for any messages. Faculty and Academic Advisors will communicate with you through your WSU email.
- Your meeting will take place through Zoom. You can use the Zoom video function or the “dial-in from phone” option. The Zoom video meeting link, password, and optional phone number will be listed in your appointment reminder email via Microsoft Bookings.
- Make sure you are available for the appointment time you scheduled. If you need to change or cancel your appointment, please notify your advisor ahead of time by email or call 509-335-7333 24 hours or more before your scheduled time.
- Make sure you can attend the meeting in a focused environment. Be prepared to take notes during your appointment.
- Keep in mind those around you for this FERPA protected conversation.
- As your appointment draws near, take a moment to review your academic requirement report located in MyWSU along with the Schedule of Classes (www.schedules.wsu.edu). Your advisor will be referencing these resources during your appointment.