Students apply for Murrow College of Communication scholarships using the WSU General Scholarship Application. The application deadline is January 31st for the following academic year awards (i.e., the January 31, 2018 application deadline is for fall 2018/spring 2019 awards).
Scholarships are awarded each year based on funding available, and can include any of the listed awards found here:
In addition to students meeting the scholarship criteria, awards must meet the following college guidelines:Murrow College Scholarship Guidelines:
- Student scholarships awarded by The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication will be limited to two (2) awards or $3,000 (whichever comes first) per academic year. This limitation does not include Murrow College of Communication project-based awards (i.e., Backpack Journalism, Murrow Expeditions, Boeing Scholars Program, Harold Frank Scholars, Internship awards, etc).
- Students must maintain a minimum cumulative WSU GPA of 2.7 through the end of the application year (i.e., if the application deadline is January 31, 2018, eligible students must maintain a minimum 2.7 cumulative GPA through the end of the spring 2018 semester).
- The WSU General Scholarship Application opens the fall prior to the award year (i.e., for fall 2018/spring 2019 awards, the application will open fall of 2017).
- Applications must be submitted by the January 31st deadline.
- Students who have been awarded renewable scholarships must reapply annually and confirm they have met the minimum requirement(s) in order to continue to receive their scholarship(s).
- Scholarships and internships come with the responsibility to communicate with, and hopefully meet with your benefactor or a funding representative.
- Thank you notes are required.
- You may be asked to provide testimonials or other communication during your funded year.
- Scholarships awards will not be dispersed until for following academic year (i.e., the January 31, 2018 application deadline is for fall 2018 and/or spring 2019 awards).
- Scholarship awards will be split equally over the fall and spring semesters, and students must be at full-time enrollment to receive their award(s).
- Many of our scholarship donors are Murrow grads and they are keen to learn how their investment in your career is bearing fruit. You will find that these people are often fabulous resources for your student and professional life.
- Get notified of new opportunities as they are posted! Join the Murrow Jobs Facebook page.