The following funds are used for a multitude of purposes for The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication, including technical, instructional and scholarship support.
Also listed below are funds for our development and outreach efforts, including the Murrow Symposium.
- Murrow College Dean’s Excellence Fund
- Edward R. Murrow Development Fund
- Edward R. Murrow Symposium Endowment
- The George F. and Gladys E. Dunning Endowment
- The Keith and Turi Jackson Excellence Fund
The principal of this fund shall be used to provide essential enrichment for student and faculty research, scholarships, support for the quality of instruction, visiting lectures, equipment, travel and other pressing needs of The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
This fund shall be administered by the dean of the Murrow College.
Funds will be used to benefit the Murrow College including:
- advertising expenses,
- faculty and staff travel,
- promotional expenses including press presentations and promotional hosting,
- The Edward R. Murrow Symposium,
- staff and faculty employment including full or part-time employees, special talent, special consultants, and student employees, and,
- the purchase of equipment, supplies and services beyond those made available as a result of funding from other sources.
This fund is for the purpose of any and all support for the Murrow Symposium at the discretion of the dean of The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication and/or his/her designee.
This fund is established though the estate of Gladys E. Dunning for support of the Murrow College. This fund shall be administered by the dean his/her designee.
Uses and Purposes:
The distributions from The Keith and Turi Jackson Excellence Fund shall be used at the discretion of the dean to accomplish several goals:
- to inspire Murrow students, especially sophomores and juniors interested in broadcast journalism,
- to attract the best academic leadership possible (industry leaders, visiting professors, renowned faculty), and,
- to support the students’ hands-on experience by staying current with developing technologies and real world experiences.
This fund was established by Keith M. Jackson, a Class of 1954 graduate in communication, and Turi Johnsen Jackson, a member of the Class of 1952.
Keith Jackson is best known for his distinguished career as a broadcast journalist and sports commentator with the American Broadcasting Company (ABC), and frequently represented Washington State University in broadcast promotions.
Both Keith and Turi have served as trustees of the WSU Foundation, and Keith served as national co-chair for the landmark Alumni Center on campus; acting in a leadership role and catalyst for the fundraising success.
This fund honors their long-time support of The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication, from the time it was a School of Communication, and their belief in the importance of the college to inspire and prepare the current students and to have the ability to meet the needs of a changing industry as it considers curriculum, technology and adherence to the Murrow principles.