Review the Scholarship Guidelines below, then browse for opportunities by sequence:
Ready to apply?
- Download the Scholarship Application Now >>
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication is pleased to announce the following scholarship and internship opportunities. Please review the background and criteria carefully to be sure the scholarships for which you are applying fit with your qualifications and intentions. Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee and selections will be made in spring, 2013. Notifications of awards will be sent at that time with instructions for receiving funds in your student account at the beginning of the semester for fall 2013 and/or spring 2014.
Please note that internship opportunities usually require travel and costly living expenses while the internship is being fulfilled. These expenses will initially be borne by the applicant as awards are not paid until the internship is successfully completed and all requirements have been met.
Important Scholarship Information:
- Students who have been selected to receive scholarship funds must be attending and enrolled full-time at Washington State University during the applicable semesters in order to receive their award(s).
- A separate application must be filled out for each scholarship fund in which the student would like to be considered.
- We strongly urge you to apply for as many scholarship awards as appropriate. Each scholarship has a different set of criteria, and many students receive multiple awards.
- The application deadline is Tuesday, November 27, 2012, before 5:00 p.m.
- Students who have been awarded renewable scholarships must reapply annually and confirm they have met the minimum requirement(s) in order to continue to receive their scholarship(s).
- Submit your application to the Murrow Business Office (MURW 382), Communication Addition Building (CADD 101) (509-335-6585).
- Scholarships come with the responsibility to communicate with, and hopefully meet with your benefactor or a funding representative.
- Thank you letters are expected.
- A scholarship video is part of the process.
- You may be asked to provide testimonials or other communication during your funded year.
- Many of our scholarship donors are Murrow grads and they are keen to learn how their investment in your career is bearing fruit. You’ll find that these people are often fabulous resources for your student and professional life.
- Get notified of new opportunities as they are posted! Join the Murrow Jobs Facebook page.