Review the Scholarship Guidelines below, then browse for opportunities by sequence:
The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication is pleased to announce the following scholarship and internship opportunities. Please review the background and criteria carefully to be sure the scholarships for which you are applying fit with your qualifications and intentions. Applications will be reviewed by the scholarship committee and selections will be made in spring, 2015. Notifications of awards will be sent at that time with instructions for receiving funds in your student account at the beginning of the semester for fall 2015 and/or spring 2016.
Please note that internship opportunities usually require travel and costly living expenses while the internship is being fulfilled. These expenses will initially be borne by the applicant as awards are not paid until the internship is successfully completed and all requirements have been met.
Important Scholarship Information:
- Student scholarships awarded by The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication will be limited to two (2) awards or $3,000 (whichever comes first) per academic year. This limitation does not include Murrow College of Communication project-based awards (i.e., Backpack Journalism, Murrow Expeditions, Boeing Scholars Program, Harold Frank Scholars, Internship awards, etc).
- A separate application must be filled out for each scholarship and internship fund in which the student would like to be considered.
- We strongly urge you to apply for as many scholarship and internship awards as appropriate. Each scholarship has a different set of criteria.
- The application deadline is Friday, November 21, 2014, before 5:00 p.m.
- Students who have been awarded renewable scholarships must reapply annually and confirm they have met the minimum requirement(s) in order to continue to receive their scholarship(s).
- Submit your application to the Murrow Business Office (Jackson Hall 382) or Goertzen Hall, room 101. Applications can be sent via UPSP mail to WSU, Murrow College of Communication, PO Box 642530, Pullman, WA 99164-2530. Applications must be postmarked by the above deadline. If sending via email to Murrow.Scholarships@wsu.edu, applicant acknowledges that by printing and signing the application, they have agreed to the terms listed within. Emailed applications must include all supplemental information ask of within the application itself.
- Scholarships and internships come with the responsibility to communicate with, and hopefully meet with your benefactor or a funding representative.
- Thank you letters are required.
- A scholarship and/or internship video and/or photo is part of the award process.
- You may be asked to provide testimonials or other communication during your funded year.
- Scholarships and internship awards will not be dispersed until fall 2015 and/or spring 2016. Recipients of internships must also meet the internship requirements.
- Many of our scholarship and internship donors are Murrow grads and they are keen to learn how their investment in your career is bearing fruit. You will find that these people are often fabulous resources for your student and professional life.
- Get notified of new opportunities as they are posted! Join the Murrow Jobs Facebook page.