What can I do to get ready for Virtual Symposium?
- Learn about the speakers and sponsors. Register for Symposium to see the full list of speakers, sessions, and sponsors. Check out sponsor and speaker profiles.
- Prepare a few talking points. People you meet will want to learn more about you! Prepare your “elevator pitch,” a short overview about your background, studies, and career goals. Practice with a friend or family member so you’re ready when it’s time to introduce yourself in the virtual event space.
- Ask questions. Prepare some questions for the sessions you plan to attend. Interacting with the speakers and sponsors during sessions is a terrific way to network.
- Keep up the momentum. After Symposium, connect with speakers and sponsors on LinkedIn and keep the conversation going!
What should I HAVE PREPARED?
You will have opportunities to network to discuss career goals and your resume. Make sure you have the following items handy when you’re logged in:
- Your resume. Even if you think it needs work, make sure you have a digital copy ready to go. You never know who you’ll connect with!
- A pen and a small notebook. Even at a virtual conference, you’ll want to write things down.
- Your mobile device and/or personal computer. Make sure you have downloaded the most recent version of your favorite browser.
VIRTUAL COACHING: COMING IN APRIL 2021!
Industry professionals are available to sit down with students to discuss resumes, interviewing, even how to be successful in the workplace. From finding that internship to crafting the right resume, even mentorship opportunities – our professionals are here to help you get to the next level.
To meet with a career coach, you’ll need to:
- Dress for success
- Bring a resume
- Have an idea of what you want to do
*Signups will be open in mid-March.