Meet the Murrow Student Services team... here to assist you with your academic and personal growth.Contact us:
- Sara Stout, Director, Student Services
- Tami Vik, Academic Advisor
- Lisa Laughter, Academic Advisor & Professional Development Coordinator
- Amber Denman, Academic Advisor
- Megan Starr-Gepford, Academic Advisor
Our offices are located in Murrow Hall 226. Come visit us!
How do I make an advising appointment?
You will now be able to schedule your own appointments online! Murrow Student Services is now using an online advising tool called the Student Success Collaborative (SSC). Through this platform you will be able to log onto ssc.wsu.edu using your WSU credentials. You also will be able to receive text and email reminders, and be able to check yourself in when you arrive to your appointment. Here is how you would do so:
1. Sign-in to ssccampus.wsu.edu with Network ID
2. Select “Get Advising” Button
3. Choose Campus and Appointment Reason
4. Choose Advisor Location and Advisor
5. Select Time
6. Write reason in “Comments” Section
7. Confirm Appointment
If you need assistance, please call our front desk at (509)335-7333
How do I prepare for an advising appointment?
- Familiarize yourself with your advisement report in myWSU and note any UCORE or HONORS courses you need to complete
- Review the schedule of classes and curriculum sheet (UCORE, HONORS) and have a list of 6-10 courses you are interested in taking
- Make an advising appointment well before priority registration
- Write down any questions you have before the appointment and bring a pen and paper to take notes