Backpack Environmental (BPE)Do you love nature, the Earth, and want to do your part to keep it healthy? Do you love issues related to the environment and the science that studies it? Do you want a chance to be the first to know about groundbreaking environmental science? Then the Backpack Environmental program is for you!
The Murrow College CEREO Newsroom project is about to launch. Those chosen will be sent around the region and country to work side-by-side with environmental scientists conducting cutting-edge experiments and have the opportunity to profile their work.
Awardees will receive one-on-one training from Murrow College professionals and a stipend for their work on the project. Their cross-platform presentations will be highlighted on the CEREO and Murrow College websites and possibly distributed to local and national organizations and broadcasters.
Seeking students from StratCom, Com and Society and ComJour sequences!
Check out this Backpack Expedition report by Murrow student Renee Hausske
- Must be a certified Murrow student
- Project runs from Feb 2015 –November 2015
- Must be able to travel as part of a team to cover and report on environmental and scientific projects (cost will be covered by project)
- Application deadline January 31st, 2015
- Only a handful of applicants will be selected
Be sure the completed form to: