Murrow Boot Camp - Start your Murrow journey here
Are you curious about the people,
places, and events around you?
Do you want to make a difference in your
community, your state, your country, your world?
Are you ready to learn how?
Check out Murrow Boot Camp
MBC is a new concept in college journalism, a new direction for The Edward R. Murrow College of Communication.
It introduces students to hands-on news production at the beginning of their college careers rather than mid-way through - or even later. They learn to write, to edit, to produce. And they learn to think about the world in new and questioning ways. If they like it they can stay with the newsroom, mentoring other students in the Camp and, possibly, working in paid positions across the various media outlets of the Murrow College as they move toward graduation.
While there are no academic credits in the traditional sense, there is payback: students who stay with it have the opportunity to produce a body of work that is proof to a newspaper, a radio station, a TV network, a website, that the student has been there and knows what it's all about.
- Once a week.
- Six weeks - Sept 21st to Oct 25th
- Registration now open for fall semester 2014
- MBC led by Murrow News Director John Paxson.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
MBC students will have opportunities to work for various Murrow College media outlets, including
- Northwest Public Radio, a network serving news and music to Washington, Southwest Oregon, Idaho and British Columbia
- The Murrow News Service, providing local, regional and statewide stories reported and written by Murrow journalism students
- The Daily Evergreen, a student-run print and online newspaper
MBC students can
- Develop practical skills using state-of-the art equipment
- Gain real-world experience
- Learn from a three-time Emmy Award winning journalist with 25 years of experience at CBS News
- Get valuable internship experience
- Amass a portfolio to impress prospective employers
Participants in the Murrow Boot Camp will get a head start toward a variety of rewarding careers in communication. Only a few students will be admitted to the program each semester, ensuring the most personalized attention and training experience possible.
QUESTIONS?Contact John Paxson:
- Office: 326B Murrow Hall East
- Phone: (509) 335-9238
- Email: email@example.com