Effective Summer 2012
For all students certifying in the Murrow College during or after the fall 2012 semester, you will need the following technology.
- Microsoft Operating system â Windows 7 64 bit OR Apple â OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7
- At least Intel i5 processor
- At least 4 GB of RAM (8 would be better)
- At least 320GB hard drive*
- DVD burner
- Video Card upgrade to at least 1GB
- Extended warranty that includes accidental damage
- Both Adobe Audition and Adobe Premiere Pro (Audio and Video editing programs)
* For the required hard drive, it is recommended that students have a hard drive with a minimum speed of 7200 rpm. Hardrive connections that support USB or Firewire 400/800 are also recommended.
For Journalism & Media Production and Strategic Communication (PR specialization) sequences, the following equipment is also required: