Apply to certify in communication today!
Early certification deadline is November 3, 2014.
Minimum Requirements for Certification:
1. Complete the following pre-certification courses:
- COM 101 Media and Society
- COM 105 Communication in Global Contexts
- COM 138 Communication Overview
2. Pass the Murrow College Grammar and Writing Exam (via the COM 138 course)
3. Complete at least 30 semester credit hours, 15 in residence at WSU
4. Complete the online application
Students apply online during the semester the final requirements are to be completed.
Certification in the Murrow College is based on the following:
- Number of available seats
- Applicant’s cumulative WSU GPA
- Number of credits completed at the time of application and
- Applicant’s performance on the Murrow College Grammar and Writing Exam (via the COM 138 course)
The top students are certified based on the number of spots available that semester. Transfer course grades will NOT be used to calculate the cumulative WSU GPA. All prospective students are encouraged to apply, provided they are on-track to complete the requirements for certification listed above.
If you have 30 credits (15 WSU credits) and a 3.0 GPA you are guaranteed to certify. If your cumulative GPA is less than a 3.0 we still STRONGLY encourage you to apply.
- Contact us:
- Office: 226 Murrow Hall
- Phone: (509) 335-7333
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org